This Unit will enhance your understanding of using social media to advertise and promote brands, products and services. We will explore the function and types of advertising and promotion used within different business sector and compare and contrast social media platforms within those sectors. We will review techniques and tools for developing a social media campaign and identify and analyse a range of social media channels whilst reviewing their effectiveness as a method of communication.
Within the Unit you will develop a design brief for a social media campaign and apply project milestones for the design brief. You will then review and evaluate your design brief based on feedback. We will also explain the key national and international legislation relevant to social media advertising and marketing.
This Level 3 Unit is a 3-credit unit, which requires you to commit to 21 hours of study.
Dagile free online training courses are only available to participants who:
- Live and/or work in London
- Are in employment or self-employment
The entry requirements for our Level 3 Units include, either:
- 4 GCSE qualifications at grades A* - C or 9-4 or equivalent, or
- A Level 2 vocational qualification and a Level 2 English qualification, or
- 1-year work’s experience in a related subject area.
Who this course is for
This Level 3 Unit provides learners with further knowledge and insight into the field of Marketing within the digital economy. This Unit relates to roles which develop marketing strategies, plan marketing content and monitor progress.
At the end of the Unit you will be able to
- Understand the function of advertising and promotion within business.
- Understand the use of social media as a method of communication.
- Know how to plan a social media campaign.
- Understand legislation and codes of practice relevant to social media advertising/ promotion campaigns.
Within this Unit you will have
- Materials which are accessible for all learners
- Access to flexible and self-paced learning through our online portal
- Tutor support and contact time where needed
- Support networks with other learners