This award will help you develop your insight and knowledge in Digital and IT Skills. It will develop your understanding of Big Data and introduce you to the basic concepts in Cyber Security. This course is an introductory course and requires no experience or prior knowledge but the willingness to learn. It is aimed at any learner who is interested in understanding the current technological trends like Big Data and how to secure information and systems using Cyber Security.
Dagile free online training courses are only available to participants who:
- Live and/or work in London
- Are in employment or self-employment
There are no entry requirements for our Level 1 Awards, however a good understanding of the English language and maths are essential.
Who this course is for
This course is for learners who:
- Are new to, or would like to improve their digital skills
- May require a grounding in digital skills for further education or employment opportunities
You will learn
- The use of Big Data in business.
- How meaningful Information can be derived from Big Data.
- How to plan a basic analysis of Big Data.
- The basic Cyber Security concepts.
- Types of Cyber Security threats and vulnerabilities.
- How to minimise the impact of Cyber Security attacks
The Level 1 Award in Big Data and Cybersecurity is a 9-credit award which requires you to commit to 90-hours of study. The full Award is made up of three core units, which include:
- Unit 1 : Introduction to Study Skills.
- Unit 2 : Big Data
- Unit 3 : Introduction to Cyber Security