As data continues to be the main resource of every organisation, it is important to present it in a structured format for easy storage and access. In this unit, you will be exposed to one of the main languages in data management which is SQL. You will get the opportunity to learn how to query data from a database, join two tables and sort records in a database.
This Level 2 Unit is a 5-credit unit, which requires you to commit to 50 hours of study.
Dagile free online training courses are only available to participants who:
- Live and/or work in London
- Are in employment or self-employment
The entry requirements for our Level 2 Units include either:
- 2 GCSE qualifications at grades A* - D or 9-3 or equivalent, or
- Level 1 vocational qualification and a Level 1 English qualification, or
- Previous work experience in this area is preferable but not essential
Who this course is for
This Level 2 Unit provides learners with the underpinning skills and knowledge required to work in IT and Digital Skills roles. This Unit relates to jobs in Database Management, Database Designing or Database Development.
What you’ll learn
- Use SQL statements to retrieve records
- Use SQL join statements to combine data from multiple tables.
- Sort, group and summarise records using SQL statements.
- Create and use a query parameter.
Within this Unit you will have
- Accessible materials for all learners
- Access to flexible and self-paced learning through our online portal
- Support within tutor led forums
- Support networks with other learners