Websites are now the digital shop front to any business. Most consumers expect businesses to be discoverable, explained online and easy to contact with their details published on the internet. Beyond providing information, websites have become shops and stores. E-commerce and online transactions enable people to sell any tangible product or any service they wish. Even our groceries can be bought online and delivered. The convenience has set new consumer expectations and businesses must follow.
Learn to build a website that can advertise a business or make sales. Learn how to manage expectations when your offering is suddenly online 24 hours a day. Understand the ecosystem of tools that enable businesses to operate on the internet.
Gain an appreciation for the tools and development methods available for building websites from the ground up. Using hands-on experience, you can see some of the inner workings of website creation, launch and maintenance.
This Level 2 Unit is a 4-credit unit, which requires you to commit to 32 hours of study.
Dagile free online training courses are only available to participants who:
- Live and/or work in London
- Are in employment or self-employment
There are no entry requirements for our Level 2 Units, however a good understanding of the English language and maths are essential.
Who this course is for
- The top down view of how to build and manage a website
- What the "no code" approach means in regards to making websites
- Understanding the role of HTML, CSS and modern workflows
- How to choose technologies to build a website
- Introduction to content management systems
- How to host and manage a website and web domain
- Internet traffic and how to create analytics of your website visitors and usage
- Types of website users and visitors, including crawlers and how to understand analytics reports
- How to leverage a web presence for different types of businesses
- The ecosystem of tools to ease your workload