Learn how to design systems that not only work and look good, but also serve the purpose they were meant for saving the user from frustration. Make users happy so that they return.
User experiences on digital systems span not only how easy a system is to use, but even how a user feels. The word 'experience' is about the fact that this is a person, a human being, that is using the system - whether it be an app, website or digital device.
User interface refers to any interaction that is available to the user - it could be a button, physical or on the screen.
This Level 1 Unit is a 6-credit unit, which requires you to commit to 60 hours of study.
Dagile free online training courses are only available to participants who:
- Live and/or work in London
- Are in employment or self-employment
There are no entry requirements for our Level 1 Units, however a good understanding of the English language and maths are essential.
Who this course is for
This course is for learners who are new to building digital systems (apps, websites, other) and want to understand the considerations necessary for designing for human-computer interaction. If you want to know the initials stages of designing digital products, and go on to learn coding or work with coders who will build from your design, this course is a great way to get started.
- The design stages of interfaces
- An introductory look at the software development life cycle
- The concepts of building interfaces with code
- The programming concepts pertaining to factors that affect digital user experiences
- The various facets and forms of digital interactions
- The opportunities to include physical devices in modern interfaces
- How to choose technologies to build a a good design and test it
- Introduction to content management systems and how they impact design
- Certain technical topics in the digital world (such as latency, downtime etc.) that pertain to digital technology and equipment
- Internet traffic and how to create analytics of your website visitors and usage
- Types of website users and visitors, including crawlers
- How to leverage a web presence for different types of businesses
- The ecosystem of tools to ease your workload